You Can Help Send Rex Specs to Military Working Dogs
Each quarter, since 2006, the Military Working Dog Team Support Association (MWDTSA) assembles and distributes care packages to Military Working Dog Teams across the country and abroad. The care packages consist of an array of products like Rex Specs goggles, pet care items, treats for the dogs, socks, coffee, and other fun gifts for their handlers. It’s MWDTSA’s way of saying thank you to these vital armed forces teams. This year, Rex Specs is teaming up with the MWDTSA again to get Rex Specs included in the first quarterly care package of 2022. to Military Working Dogs to help protect their eyes.
This is where you come in: Through February 9th, you can purchase a pair of Rex Specs for a Military Working Dog through our site (for only $40) and MWDTSA will put a pair of Rex Specs into an outgoing care package!. We’re hoping to send 200 pairs of Rex Specs to teams in early March! Meaning that if we can get 200 donations from people like you, 200 Military Working Dogs will have extra eye protection this Spring. To do that, we need your help in both purchasing Rex Specs goggles and spreading the word about the program.
More About MWDTSA
MWDTSA is a volunteer-run 501(C)3 that has been sending care packages to Military Working Dogs since 2006. With an estimated 9000 care packages sent (with a content value of nearly $1,200,000), in total, you can be sure your gift is getting into the hands (and paws) of a hard-working team. In fact, over 98% of all donations, grants, and other fundraising goes directly into their care packages, with the remaining 1.7% paying for administrative, bank, and government fees.
You can read more about this great organization and their mission on the MWDTSA website. And if you’d like to support MWDTSA further, you’ll find a wishlist there where you can purchase additional items for care packages that they’re not able to get from businesses like Rex Specs.
Why Military Working Dog Teams Love Rex Specs
Not sure if you can make an impact in helping Military Working Dogs? Take a look at how donors just like you have helped out in the past:
- K9's name? Compo
- Does he/she have a specific job? PEDD – Patrol Explosive Detector Dog
- What other gear helps your K9 stay healthy in a 'deployed' environment? Rex Specs for sure, but other items would be blankets or anything else that can shield the MWD.
- What branch of the military? Army
- What specifically do you use the goggles for? Anytime there could be debris that can hurt the MWD or get in their eyes. And, sometimes just to show off…because no one can resist a dog with these stylish goggles!
- What's the best part about receiving MWDTSA care packages? When you’re deployed and away from family, there’s only a few things you look forward to: calls from home, FaceTiming family, and MWDTSA care packages. These packages mean so much to each and every handler. It even got to the point that my MWD would get ecstatic because he knew he was about to get some goodies. Honestly, that’s how we feel as well. It brings light on those days that it seems like time is slow. That we’ll never be going home. It gives us something to look forward to.
- K9's name? Pow
- Does he/she have a specific job? He is a SSD – Specialized Search Dog
- What other gear helps your K9 stay healthy in a 'deployed' environment? Booties, depending on the climate, and vests.
- What branch of the military? Marine Corps
- What specifically do you use the goggles for? Dust storms and helicopters.
- What's the best part about receiving MWDTSA care packages? Knowing that both sides of the leash are being supported and we all love the new toys and gifts.
- K9's name? Fulda
- Does he/she have a specific job? He is a PEDD – Patrol Explosive Detection Dog.
- What other gear helps your K9 stay healthy in a 'deployed' environment? Booties and portable water bowls.
- What branch of the military? Air Force
- What specifically do you use the goggles for? Dust storms and wind protection.
- What's the best part about receiving MWDTSA care packages? Seeing both ends of the leash feel the love. A little bit to brighten each of our days.