Rex Specs Careers
Open Position: Director of Marketing
Rex Specs is a pet product company located in beautiful Jackson, Wyoming. The company was founded out of the owners’ need to protect their dogs’ eyes from the sun. What once was a crazy hack to solve a little known problem has become a growing company selling to everyone from pet owners to military K-9 handlers around the world. Read more about the founding story.
Here at Rex Specs, we pride ourselves in running a lean, collaborative, cooperative, and efficient team. We’re looking for a hard worker that is eager to learn new things and always looking for ways to make improvements. We believe strongly in asking “why” at every turn and learning greatly from each action we take. Our new team member must be curious by nature and clever in action.
Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing is responsible for building out and implementing the marketing strategy, managing the marketing budget, and analyzing marketing returns.
Social Channel Marketing Management:
- Manage all organic and paid social media activity
- Grow and sustain a productive social following
- Review analytics and present regular reports on ROI and other chosen metrics
- Develop and manage campaigns to grow following and generate leads
- Curate all content for marketing use (blog, email, social, etc.)
- Seek out partners for content generation
- Manage writers, arrange interviews, source photos, etc.
Email Marketing Management:
- Develop strategy to generate the best results from email marketing campaigns
- Identify and achieve goals (growing email list through campaigns, click-through rate, opens, etc.)
- Schedule and facilitate the creation of email campaigns
Trade Shows & Events Planning:
- Plan and budget for trade shows and events for the calendar year
- Identify new events in target markets
- Travel to represent Rex Specs at scheduled events
Brand and Ambassador Partnerships Management:
- Find and implement strategic brand partnerships
- Manage partnership campaigns and ensure strong lasting relationships
- Manage all ambassadors and influencers from initial inquiry to content creation
Advertising & PR Management:
- Work with a third party to help manage paid search and other digital ad channels
- Manage all print and press interest
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Google Suite, etc)
- Ability to multi-task and develop systems to insure task completion
- Excellent grammar and writing skills
- Familiar with excel and marketing data analysis
- Expertise with Facebook, Instagram, and other social media channels
- Experience with Hootsuite, Shopify, and Mailchimp is a plus
- Ideal candidates will have at least 3 years experience with marketing management
- CREATIVITY, ENERGY and a PASSIONATE about potential growth in a fun market is a must!
Reports to: Director of Product and Brand Development and Director of Strategy and Operations
Compensation: Competitive salary, health benefits, and paid vacation - all dependent on experience.
Rex Specs is looking for an employee that will grow with the company. Salary raises, profit sharing, increased vacation time and schedule flexibility are things that are available with time, growth, and integration into the company.
How to Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to learning more about you and will be in touch with the next steps! Thank you for your time and interest!